CDC Orientation for New Health Officials
CDC’s New Health Official Orientation is an annual orientation for new health officials that is hosted by the Center for State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Support (CSTLTS). It is exclusively for newly appointed senior health officials who have been in their positions less than 24 months. The orientation was designed to help these health officials gain a comprehensive perspective of CDC’s priorities, operations, and leadership.
During the event, new health officials have the opportunity to
- Enhance their connection with CDC leaders and staff
- Learn about CDC resources, data, and technical assistance
- Learn how CDC can assist them with urgent and competing priorities at the frontlines of public health
- Discuss proven and innovative public health practices and strategies to reduce leading causes of death and disability
- Hear how other health officials address their public health goals
- Learn more about CDC, its leaders, and its public health goals, initiatives, and priorities
If you have questions about CDC’s New Health Official Orientation, please email CSTLTSFeedback@cdc.gov.