Public Health Professionals Gateway
The Center for State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Support (CSTLTS) improves community health outcomes by strengthening state, tribal, local, and territorial health agencies.
- MMWR Report: Use of Stay-at-Home Orders and Mask Mandates to Control COVID-19 Transmission - Blackfeet Tribal Reservation4/15/2021 10:05:00 AMIn Fall 2020, the Blackfeet Tribal Reservation implemented and strictly enforced stay-at-home orders and required use of masks in public to limit spread of COVID-19. An MMWR report finds that these measures were associated with a 33-fold decrease in the rate of new COVID-19 cases. The findings of the report show that stay-at-home orders and mask requirements, coupled with ongoing case investigation and contract tracing, likely helped slow the spread of COVID-19.
- Healthy People 2020 Final Review Progress Table4/14/2021 2:50:00 PMCDC's National Center for Health Statistics announced the release of the Healthy People 2020 (HP2020) Final Review Progress Table. The Final Review provides an end-of-decade assessment of the nation's progress toward achieving HP2020 objectives and goals.
- Webinar Series #4: COVID-19 Vaccination and Reaching People with Disabilities4/5/2021 10:56:00 AMThe final webinar in the series hosted by AUCD, ASTHO, and NACCHO on COVID-19 Vaccination and Reaching People with Disabilities will occur on Thursday, April 8 from 1-2pm EST. Register to learn more about promising practices for educating others about the importance of disability prioritizing in state vaccination plans.
- Webinar Series #3: COVID-19 Vaccination and Reaching People with Disabilities4/2/2021 2:33:00 PMJoin AUCD, ASTHO, and NACCHO for the third webinar in the COVID-19 Vaccination and Reaching People with Disabilities webinar series. On Wednesday, April 7 from 1-2pm EST, experts will discussion promising communication practices for reducing COVID-19 vaccine hesitancy and disseminating accessible messages. Registration required.
- Webinar Series #2: COVID-19 Vaccination and Reaching People with Disabilities3/31/2021 8:13:00 AMAUCD, ASTHO, and NACCHO are hosting the second webinar in the series: COVID-19 Vaccination and Reaching People with Disabilities on March 31 from 1-2pm EST. Register to learn more about promising practices for vaccinating family members of people with disabilities and those who are homebound.
The 10 Essential Public Health Services (EPHS) describe the public health activities that all communities should undertake. On September 9, 2020, a revised EPHS framework and graphic was released. The revised EPHS is intended to bring the framework in line with current and future public health practice.