Public Health Professionals Gateway
The Center for State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Support (CSTLTS) improves community health outcomes by strengthening state, tribal, local, and territorial health agencies.
CDC Grant Funding Profiles
- Advancing the Response to COVID-19: Sharing Promising Programs and Practices for Racial and Ethnic Minority Communities 8/6/2020 2:23:00 PMOn September 17, the HHS Office of Minority Health will be hosting a virtual symposium, Advancing the Response to COVID-19: Sharing Promising Programs and Practices for Racial and Ethnic Minority Communities. The virtual symposium will feature presentations and strategies developed for public health leaders and community organizations confronting the pandemic. It also aims to support and disseminate promising practices, programs and strategies for combating COVID-19, especially in communities of color.
- School Decision-Making Tool for Parents, Caregivers, and Guardians8/4/2020 9:47:00 AMSchools play an important role in students' educational achievement, health, and wellbeing. Working with local health officials and with parents and caregivers, schools also have an important role in slowing the spread of SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) while protecting students, teachers, and staff and helping ensure students have safe and healthy learning environments. This tool is designed to parents, caregivers, and guardians weigh the risks and benefits of available educational options to help them make decisions about sending their child back to school.
- CDC Foundation's Contagious Conversations podcast 7/30/2020 1:34:00 PMCDC Foundation has released new episodes of the Contagious Conversations podcast, featuring in-depth conversations with experts who are sharing their perspectives related to the COVID-19 pandemic. All of the podcast conversations touch on an important topic our nation is working to tackle during this pandemic-social and political determinants of health, the disproportionate impact of coronavirus on people of color and our tribal nations, and the role of public health in communities across the country.
- COVID-19 One-Stop Shop Toolkits7/30/2020 9:40:00 AMWhen you need quick access to communication resources, CDC's COVID-19 One-Stop Shop Toolkits have everything you need. Topic-specific toolkits make it easy for you to access, leverage, and share CDC resources. You'll find videos, social media, PSAs, print resources, checklists, FAQs, web resources, and guidance documents.
- Webinar: Data Sharing and the Law-Overcoming Healthcare Sector Barriers to Sharing Data on Social Determinants7/28/2020 12:54:00 PMRegistration is now open for the Social Interventions Research and Evaluation Network's webinar on Data Sharing and the Law! On July 30 at 12:00 pm (EDT), presenters will share findings from a recent report and discuss four cases that illustrate opportunities for the healthcare sector to share data on social determinants between organizations while remaining in compliance with federal and state laws.
10 Essential Public Health Services
Public health activities that all communities should undertake
Page last reviewed: August 7, 2020
Content source: Center for State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Support