Public Health Professionals Gateway
The Center for State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Support (CSTLTS) improves community health outcomes by strengthening state, tribal, local, and territorial health agencies.
CDC Grant Funding Profiles
- Indian Country COVID-19 Update5/28/2020 10:34:00 AMThe White House Office of Intergovernmental Affairs, the Department of Health and Human Services, Indian Health Service, and the broader Indian Country COVID-19 Response Team will host an update call on May 28 at 4:00pm (EDT). This week speakers will discuss COVID-19 testing technical assistance and support in Indian Country.
- Mental and Behavioral Health Webinar Series: Generalized Anxiety Disorder and COVID-195/27/2020 10:29:00 AMThe National Indian Health Board has announced its Mental & Behavioral Health Webinar Series. The 4-part series will address topics such as anxiety, substance misuse, and suicide prevention among American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/ANs). The first Mental and Behavioral Health webinar will explore generalized anxiety disorder and COVID-19 in AI/AN communities on May 28 at 3:00 pm (EDT).
- COVID-19 Stress and Coping5/26/2020 12:16:00 PMThe outbreak of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) may be stressful. Fear and anxiety about a disease can be overwhelming and cause strong emotions in adults and children. In recognition of Mental Health Month, find ways you and your family can reduce stress.
- ASTHO Legal Preparedness Series Emergency Authority & Immunity Toolkit5/21/2020 11:45:00 AMThe Emergency Authority & Immunity Toolkit addresses key concepts regarding federal and state emergency declarations for different audiences within a state health agency. This toolkit can assist in education, training, and planning activities to prepare for emergencies, and it can serve as a quick reference resource during an emergency response. Visit ASTHO's website for more information and other Legal Preparedness Toolkits.
- COVID-19 Funeral Health & Safety Fact Sheet for Tribes5/19/2020 9:54:00 AMFederal partners developed a COVID-19 fact sheet to help guide tribes with funeral and burial health and safety. Tribes and families practice unique traditions and refer to death in varying ways as they honor those who have passed on. We share this public health guidance with sincere respect for those traditions.
10 Essential Public Health Services
Public health activities that all communities should undertake
Page last reviewed: May 15, 2020
Content source: Center for State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Support