Public Health Professionals Gateway
The Center for State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Support (CSTLTS) improves community health outcomes by strengthening state, tribal, local, and territorial health agencies.
CDC Grant Funding Profiles
- NACCHO Podcast on NACCHO's Latest Opioid Report11/7/2019 9:30:00 AMIn this episode of Podcast from Washington, NACCHO Government Affairs team sits down with Francis Higgins, NACCHO's Injury and Violence Prevention Program analyst, to discuss NACCHO's report, Local Health Department Approaches to Opioid Use Prevention and Response: An Environmental Scan. The report examines local health department prevention activities related to the opioid misuse epidemic and how local health departments can use the report as a vital resource to understand the epidemic.(The link for the report, http://bit.ly/2KusD5R, requires a free myNACCHO account log-in.)
- Update on the Investigation of the Ongoing Outbreak of E-cigarette, or Vaping, Product Use-Associated Lung Injury (EVALI) 10/31/2019 9:31:00 AMFDA and CDC are still working to identify the cause or causes of the lung injuries that have been reported in relation to the use of vaping products, including e-cigarettes. No one compound or ingredient has emerged as the cause of these illnesses, and there might be more than one cause of this outbreak. CDC has activated its Emergency Operations Center. More than 100 staff from across the agency and in the field are working to support these investigations. CDC has also released an MMWR: "Update: Interim Guidance for Health Care Providers Evaluating and Caring for Patients with Suspected E-cigarette, or Vaping, Product Use Associated Lung Injury - United States, October 2019
- Field Notes: Boosting Flu Vaccine Coverage Among Healthcare Workers10/29/2019 11:04:00 AMFlu vaccination is especially important for people who work in healthcare settings because they are at increased risk for getting the flu and passing it on to patients. Through its FluSafe recognition program, the Minnesota Department of Health is helping hospitals and nursing homes boost employees' flu vaccination rates, promoting safety for patients and healthcare workers alike. Learn more about this innovative program in this month's Field Notes.
- Learn More About ELI and Apply Before Today's Deadline!10/25/2019 11:11:00 AMDon't miss the deadline! Today is the last day to apply for CDC's free, online E-learning Institute Fellowship. Learn from experts how to make your best training product yet! Visit the site to learn more.
- Graduated Driver Licensing System Planning Guide10/24/2019 10:44:00 AMThis week is National Teen Driver Safety Week #NTDSW! Graduated driver licensing systems help prevent crashes & save lives. Learn more about the effectiveness of these systems and check out your state's laws
10 Essential Public Health Services
Public health activities that all communities should undertake
Page last reviewed: November 12, 2019
Content source: Center for State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Support