Public Health Professionals Gateway
The Center for State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Support (CSTLTS) improves community health outcomes by strengthening state, tribal, local, and territorial health agencies.
CDC Grant Funding Profiles
- CDC Digital Media Toolkit: Personal Health Preparedness9/17/2019 9:02:00 AMEvery September, the Center for Preparedness and Response (CPR) along with its preparedness and response partners in government, private and public health, and academia come together to observe National Preparedness Month (NPM) and encourage year-round personal and community preparedness for disasters, disease outbreaks, and human-caused emergencies. This year, CPR is marking the occasion with the release of a new Personal Health Preparedness Digital Toolkit.
- Benefits of PHAB Accreditation Reaching More Communities as Covered Population Continues to Climb9/12/2019 12:23:00 PMAs of August 21, 2019, a total of 36 state health departments, 236 local health departments, three Tribal health departments, and one statewide integrated local public health department system had achieved PHAB's prestigious accreditation designation. Congratulations to Coconino County Health and Human Services- Flagstaff, Arizona, Riverside University Health System - Riverside, California, Delaware County Health Department-Jay, Oklahoma, Howard County Health Department- Columbia, Maryland, Richland Public Health- Mansfield, Ohio, Vanderburgh County Health Department- Evansville, Indiana, and Washoe County Health District- Reno, Nevada for joining that group and Kansas City Missouri Health Department- Kansas City, Missouri, Livingston County Department of Health- Livingston County, New York, and Wood County Health Department-Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin for achieving re-accreditation as well.
- Outbreak of Lung Illness Associated with Using E-cigarette Products9/10/2019 10:06:00 AMCDC, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), state and local health departments, and other clinical and public health partners are investigating a multistate outbreak of severe pulmonary disease associated with e-cigarette product (devices, liquids, refill pods, and/or cartridges) use. This investigation is ongoing and has not identified a cause, but all reported cases have a history of using e-cigarette products.
- Field Notes-Taking Immunizations to the Streets To Stop Hepatitis A8/27/2019 10:47:00 AMThere has been a nationwide surge in hepatitis A cases since 2016, with 22,000 cases reported as of July 2019. The Salt Lake County Health Department used a varied approach to tackle the outbreak locally, including creating mobile immunization teams to bring hepatitis A vaccines to people experiencing homelessness and other high-risk groups. Learn more about the strategies that Salt Lake County implemented and read other stories from Field Notes, which spotlights success and innovation in state, tribal, local, and territorial health departments.
- Applying CDC's Guideline for Prescribing Opioids8/27/2019 9:27:00 AMTaking opioids for longer periods of time or in higher doses increases the risk of addiction, overdose, and death. This International Overdose Awareness Day (August 31), learn best practices for identifying and reducing overdose risks with CDC's opioid training series.
10 Essential Public Health Services
Public health activities that all communities should undertake
Page last reviewed: September 13, 2019
Content source: Center for State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Support