Public Health Professionals Gateway
The Center for State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Support (CSTLTS) improves community health outcomes by strengthening state, tribal, local, and territorial health agencies.
CDC Grant Funding Profiles
- Injection Practices and Sexual Behaviors Among Persons with Diagnosed HIV Infection Who Inject Drugs8/22/2019 10:00:00 AMCertain sexual and injection-drug-related behaviors among HIV-positive people who inject drugs can increase the risk of HIV transmission. A new study published in MMWR found that about 10% of HIV-positive people who inject drugs shared injection equipment, and acquiring nonsterile syringes and using unsafe disposal methods were common. Increasing access to sterile injection equipment, drug treatment services, and education around harm reduction and condom use might reduce HIV transmission among sexual and injection partners of HIV-positive people who inject drugs.
- Registration open now for 2019 Annual National Tribal Health Conference8/20/2019 10:24:00 AMThe 36th Annual National Tribal Health Conference will take place in Temecula, California during September 16-19, 2019. The conference will focus on exploring health policy and its impact on tribes, advancing tribal capacity to expand policy work, and policy and political work in the arenas of healthcare and public, behavioral, and environmental health. Learn more and register.
- Adolescence: Preparing for Lifelong Health and Wellness8/20/2019 9:58:00 AMDuring the transition from childhood to adulthood, serious health and safety issues such as violence, substance use, and sexual risk behaviors can adversely affect adolescents and young adults. Watch CDC Public Health Grand Rounds encore session on adolescent health August 20, 1pm ET.
- Introduction to Policy Analysis in Public Health8/8/2019 9:25:00 AMPublic health professionals: Policy has been a useful tool in many public health achievements. Take CDC's training to learn techniques for analyzing public health policy options.
- Profiles in Public Health Law8/1/2019 10:13:00 AMRead the interview with Irina Gelman, Commissioner of Health, Orange County Department of Health, in the July edition of CDC's Public Health Law News to learn more about the health department's challenges and successes. This month's News also contains details about a webinar on legal epidemiology and zoning laws, information about a podcast discussing public health emergency law, and more.
10 Essential Public Health Services
Public health activities that all communities should undertake
Page last reviewed: July 26, 2019
Content source: Center for State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Support