Public Health Professionals Gateway
The Center for State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Support (CSTLTS) improves community health outcomes by strengthening state, tribal, local, and territorial health agencies.
CDC Grant Funding Profiles
- State of Obesity: Better Policies for a Healthier America Webinar 1/24/2020 3:47:00 PMJoin Trust for America's Health (TFAH), on January 29 from 2:30 to 4:00 pm (EST), as public health leaders discuss the national obesity crisis, its health impacts, and how advocates are working at the national, state, and local levels to address this on-going epidemic. This webinar will explore findings of TFAH's 2019 State of Obesity report.
- Be Prepared to Stay Safe and Healthy in Winter 1/24/2020 11:30:00 AMRoad traffic crashes kill more than 1.35 million people each year. Winter storms and cold temperatures can lead to even more accidents. Learn how to prepare your home and car and educate others about the risks associated with inclement weather and power outages.
- CDC's Prestigious Public Health Associate Program Has Opened Its Application Period!1/22/2020 3:28:00 PMThe Public Health Associate Program is a CDC-funded training program for recent graduates with bachelor's or master's degrees. It offers frontline public health experience at health agencies, nongovernmental organizations, public health institutes and associations, academic institutions, and CDC quarantine stations across the country and US territories. The application period to become a public health associate is open January 22-28, 2020.
- CDC Grand Rounds-The Emerging Role of Pathogen Genomics in Public Health 1/17/2020 3:50:00 PMAdvanced molecular detection (AMD) integrates the latest next-generation genomic sequencing technologies with bioinformatics and epidemiology expertise to help us find, track, and stop disease-causing pathogens faster than ever. Watch CDC Public Health Grand Rounds live on Facebook January 21 at 1:00 pm (EST) to learn more.
- APHA Event-All Hands on Deck: Improving Community Health1/16/2020 10:24:00 AMIn partnership with the de Beaumont Foundation and AcademyHealth, the American Public Health Association's (APHA's) Policy Action Institute is hosting "All Hands on Deck: Improving Community Health," on February 12, 2020, from 8:00 am to 5:30 pm (EST). Attendees will hear from public health leaders about the social determinants of health-access to care, education, transportation, environment, immigration/citizenship, discrimination and income inequality. Visit APHA's website to learn more and register.
10 Essential Public Health Services
Public health activities that all communities should undertake
Page last reviewed: January 10, 2020
Content source: Center for State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Support