Public Health Professionals Gateway
The Center for State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Support (CSTLTS) improves community health outcomes by strengthening state, tribal, local, and territorial health agencies.
- PHEP Connects Webinar on December 912/9/2020 10:45:00 AMJoin CDC's next Public Health Emergency Preparedness (PHEP) Connects webinar on December 9 at 1 pm (EDT). This webinar will introduce a new CDC online tool, "Crosswalk of the Public Health Accreditation Board's (PHAB) Standards and Measures and CDC's Public Health Emergency Preparedness and Response Capabilities." Registration is not required.
- Tribal Webinar on PHAB Pathway to Accreditation Product12/8/2020 9:27:00 AMThe Public Health Accreditation Board (PHAB) has developed a new recognition product intended to facilitate performance improvement without requiring health departments to commit to the full accreditation process. Join the National Indian Health Board and PHAB for a webinar on December 8 from 2-4 pm (EDT). PHAB will present early concepts on this exciting new product and solicit feedback from tribes to inform its development.
- Webinar: Developing a Quality PHAP Host Site Application12/1/2020 3:49:00 PMDo you work for a public health organization? CDC's Public Health Associate Program (PHAP) is hosting a technical assistance webinar December 2 at 2 pm (EDT) to guide organizations interested in becoming a PHAP host site through the application process. Host sites can enhance their agency's ability to deliver essential public health services by hosting a recent graduate as a PHAP associate. Interested host sites can apply December 15, 2020-February 16, 2021.
- New Resource: Public Health in the US Territories and Freely Associated States12/1/2020 10:15:00 AMHave you visited the new US territories and freely associated states web pages? The Office of Island Affairs (OIA) in CDC's Center for State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Support (CSTLTS) strengthens public health systems in these areas by facilitating technical assistance, training, information, funding, and technology transfer.
- Health Literacy Training 11/12/2020 9:53:00 AMTraining in health literacy is essential for anyone working in public health. Whether you are new to health literacy, need a refresher, or want to train your staff, CDC's courses are a good place to start.
The 10 Essential Public Health Services (EPHS) describe the public health activities that all communities should undertake. On September 9, 2020, a revised EPHS framework and graphic was released. The revised EPHS is intended to bring the framework in line with current and future public health practice.