Stories & Examples from the Field
Below are some stories and examples from the field of community health assessments and improvement plans in action.
CDC’s National Public Health Improvement Initiative
- Advancing Public Health: The Story of the National Public Health Improvement Initiative Cdc-pdf[PDF – 12.3MB]
Includes stories of health department assessment efforts and health improvement plans.
National Association of County and City Health Officials
- Examples of High Quality CHAs and CHIPsExternal
- Stories from the FieldExternal
Includes stories about communities using the MAPP framework
- Accreditation Preparation Demonstration SitesExternal
- Community BenefitExternal
National Network of Public Health Institutes
Association of State and Territorial Health Officials
- State health improvement plan examples on the Accreditation—PHAB pre-requisites pageExternal
The Hilltop Institute
- Hospital Community Benefits after the ACA: Partnerships for Community Health Improvement Cdc-pdf[PDF – 356KB]External Issue Brief, February 2012.
Links to nonfederal materials are provided as a public service and do not constitute an endorsement of the materials by CDC or the federal government, and none should be inferred. CDC is not responsible for the content of materials not generated by CDC.