NIOSH Extramural Research and Training Programs
The NIOSH extramural research and training programs include diverse portfolios of investigator initiated research, mentored research scientist career development awards, training programs, and small business innovation research projects. Multidisciplinary education and research centers, state surveillance programs, and global occupational health initiatives complement the breadth and depth of extramural research and training at NIOSH.
A description of these portfolios is available along with links to current performance data. Extramural performance data includes a listing of all active awards, extramural funding summary by activity and year, and research funding success rates. A link to the NIH Research Reporting Online Reporting Tools (RePORT) provides access to reports, data and analysis of all NIH research. NIOSH participates in this program and you can search NIOSH funded reports by selecting CDC-NIOSH in the Agency /Institute/Center field on the query page.
The peer review and program management of the NIOSH extramural research and training program portfolios is managed by the scientific program officials in the Office of Extramural Programs (OEP). The OEP also manages the extramural portfolio of cooperative agreements for the World Trade Center Health Program (WTCHP). This portfolio includes the WTCHP Registry, research projects, and outreach activities. Please see funding opportunities for current grant opportunities at NIOSH.
News and Notices
NIOSH is pleased to announce the publication of the Extramural Research and Training Program Annual Report for Fiscal Year 2015
NIOSH is pleased to distribute two new career development opportunities in global health that are available through the NIH Fogarty International Center:
- Fogarty Emerging Global Leader Award K43
- International Research Scientist Development Award (IRSDA) K01
NIOSH Research Impact Stories
- A NIOSH-funded Research Study Improves Safety and Health of Farm Workers and Their Families
- Use of Model Farmers Proves Effective in Increasing Safety Practices Among Navajo Agricultural Workers
- NIOSH-funded Program Results in Change to State Policy and Better Methods to Protect Agricultural Workers
- Page last reviewed: September 26, 2012
- Page last updated: February 2, 2016
- Content source:
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Office of Extramural Programs (OEP)