National Personal Protective Technology Laboratory (NPPTL)
Updated January 6, 2021
For more information on COVID-19 and PPE, please visit:
Optimizing the Supply of Respirators and Other PPE
Release of Stockpiled N95 Filtering Facepiece Respirators Beyond the Manufacturer-Designated Shelf Life
NPPTL Respirator Assessments to Support the COVID-19 Response
This video was produced in 2019 to recognize the 100th anniversary of the first respirator approval by the Bureau of Mines. The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health is now the federal body responsible for the testing and approval of respirators for occupational use. The purpose of this video is to demonstrate the evolution and importance of respiratory protection from the point of view of NIOSH workers within the NIOSH National Personal Protective Technology Laboratory (NPPTL), who are deeply invested in the work that they do.
Provides listing of particulate filtering facepiece respirators.
- New respirator user notice issued by Shanghai Dasheng Health Products Manufacture Co., Ltd. for select lots of DUKALTM N95 respirators
- PPE CASE Notes – Hot Filling Hazards with SCBA Air Cylinders
- New – Elastomeric Half Mask Respirator Resources
- New – Respirator Exhalation Valve Research
- Read the new technical report, Filtering Facepiece Respirators with an Exhalation Valve: Measurements of Filtration Efficiency to Evaluate Their Potential for Source Control.
- View archived recording of Elastomeric Half-Mask Respirator (EHMR) Federal Register Notice (FRN) Webinarexternal icon (November 18, 2020)
- PPE CASE 2020-0113 – Filtration Efficiency Performance of Non-NIOSH-Approved International Respiratory Protective Devices: Phase Two
- View recording of Factors to Consider when Planning to Purchase Respirators from Another Country, Including KN95 Respirators from China webinar.
- FDA Emergency Use Authorizations
FDA EAUs can be found at https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/mcm-legal-regulatory-and-policy-framework/emergency-use-authorization#2019-ncovexternal icon
- Elastomeric Half Mask Respirator Resources
- Reusable Elastomeric Respirators in Health Care: Considerations for Routine and Surge Useexternal icon
- Healthcare Respiratory Protection Resources Web Page
- Implementing Hospital Respiratory Protection Programs: Strategies from the Fieldexternal icon
- Hospital Respiratory Protection Program Toolkit
- Web-Based Resources for Healthcare