State-of-the-Art Training and Handling Patients
Provide State-of-the-Art Training and Resources
Providing state-of-the-art training and resources includes:
- Identifying and partnering with manufacturers and organizations such as the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) that provide training opportunities and resources that are sustainable and maintained on a long-term basis.
- Utilizing a variety of training resources including simulation centers, online training and interactive (e.g., case studies) training that can be implemented on demand.
- Determining if training resources have produced the desired outcomes such as skill development and maintenance through observations and competency checklists on a routine basis for more efficiency and effectiveness.
Handling Patients Safely
Use protective equipment to:
- Prevent falls (e.g., use of slip resistant footwear, flooring materials)
- Transfer patient safely and efficiently
- Improve patient comfort
- Improve patient safety
- Reduce pressure ulcers
- Reduce staff injuries
- Maintain a culture of safety
Ask your Unit Peer Leader/Charge Nurse for more information on your unit or service.