Overview of the CDC Growth Charts – About This Course
The CDC growth reference charts described in this training course apply only to children and teens aged 2 years to 20 years. There are six sections in this course:
- What Growth Charts Are Recommended for Use?
- Clinical Growth Charts Available on the Web.
- Features of the CDC Growth Charts.
- The CDC Growth Chart Reference Population.
- Using the CDC Growth Charts.
Self-assessment questions are included in each section. Supplemental materials are also available, including a reference list.
The target audience includes health care practitioners such as dieticians, nurses, physicians, medical assistants, and other practitioners who measure and assess growth of children and teens.
At the conclusion of the training, you will be able to
- Select the CDC Growth Charts for children and teens aged 2 years to 20 years on the web that are appropriate for your setting.
- Describe the reference population used to develop the CDC Growth Charts for children and teens aged 2 years to 20 years.
- Use the CDC Growth Charts to plot anthropometric measurements for children and teens aged 2 years to 20 years.
The CDC clinical growth charts are available at https://www.cdc.gov/growthcharts/clinical_charts.htm.
ESTIMATED TIME NEEDED TO COMPLETE THE MODULE
To read through text: 25-30 minutes
To read through text and complete exercises: 35-40 minutes