Download the Community Health Assessment and Group Evaluation (CHANGE) Action Guide
There is a new version of the CHANGE Tool as of March 2018.
View the new version of the CHANGE Tool and download it here.
CHANGE ACTION GUIDE
This action guide provides step-by-step instructions for successfully completing the CHANGE tool. CHANGE can be used to gain a picture of the policy, systems, and environmental change strategies currently in place throughout the community; develop a community action plan for improving policies, systems, and the environment to support healthy lifestyles; and assist with prioritizing community needs and allocating available resources.
Community Health Assessment aNd Group Evaluation (CHANGE): Building a Foundation of Knowledge to Prioritize Community Health Needs—An Action Guide [PDF–4.7M]
The CHANGE tool is divided into action steps. To complete the CHANGE tool, all eight action steps and resources are provided on this page. Be sure to share your successes with key stakeholders and your community. In the end, remember to evaluate and reassess your Community Action plan each year.
Action Step 2:
Action Step 3:
Excel Files to complete the CHANGE tool:
- Community-At-Large Sector [XLS–456K]
- Community Institution/Organization Sector [XLS–458K]
- Health Care Sector [XLS–399K]
- School Sector [XLS–486K]
- Work Site Sector [XLS–420K]
Examples of questions for each sector:
- Community-At-Large Sector [PDF–127KB]
- Community Institution/Organization Sector [PDF–133KB]
- Health Care Sector [PDF–101KB]
- School Sector [PDF–168KB]
- Work Site Sector [PDF–83KB]
Action Step 4:
Action Step 5:
Action Step 6:
Action Step 7:
Action Step 7a: Create a CHANGE Summary Statement.
Action Step 7b: Complete the Sector Data Grid.
Action Step 7c: Fill out the CHANGE Strategy Worksheets.
Action Step 7d: Complete the Community Health Improvement Planning Template
Action Step 8:
- Build the Community Action Plan by developing and organizing annual objectives that reflect the collected data. [PDF–146KB]
CHANGE Tool Templates and Resources List
Community Action Plan Template
Worksheet to develop Community Action Plan.[PDF–223K]
One-Pager/Policy Brief Template
Template to share success stories with stakeholders.[PDF–239K]
CHANGE PowerPoint Presentation Template
Presentation to be used for town hall meetings, road shows, or site visits with partners. [PPT–1.4M]
Also available in PDF [PDF–1.5M]
List of Additional Resources
List of assessment tools and evaluation guides that have been used and developed by CDC and its partner organizations. [PDF–429K]
CHANGE Tool Templates and Resources in Spanish (Herramienta CAMBIO Plantillas y Recursos en Español)
Archivos de Excel para completar la herramienta de CHANGE:
- En la Comunidad [XLS–461K]
- Institución/Organización Comunitaria [XLS–465K]
- Salud [XLS–403K]
- Escuela [XLS–494K]
- Lugar de Trabajo [XLS–421K]
CAMBIO de plantillas de presentación PowerPoint
- Presentación que se utilizarán para las reuniones de ayuntamiento, muestra de por carretera, o visitas al lugar con los socios. [PPT–3.9M]
- También disponible en formato [PDF–963K]
- Page last reviewed: March 23, 2018
- Page last updated: March 23, 2018
- Content source: