Research Tools and Resources on Birth Defects
This section of our website has tools and resources for health professionals and researchers interested in birth defects tracking.
State Birth Defects Tracking Logic Models and Tools
- State Birth Defects Program Cooperative Agreements Conceptual Logic Model pdf icon[PDF – 215 KB] | MS Word word icon[DOC – 65KB]
- Logic Models for Planning and Evaluation – A Resource Guide for the CDC State Birth Defects Surveillance Program Cooperative Agreement pdf icon[PDF – 163 KB] | MS Word word icon[DOC – 256KB]
- State Birth Defects Program Evaluation Plan Template pdf icon[PDF – 51 KB] | MS Word word icon[DOC – 128KB]
- State Birth Defects Program Indicators pdf icon[PDF – 33 KB] | MS Word word icon[DOC – 64KB]
- Worksheet for Capacity Development pdf icon[PDF – 43 KB] | MS Word word icon[DOC – 64KB]
- Evaluation Checklist for State Birth Defects Surveillance pdf icon[PDF – 71 KB] | MS Word word icon[DOC – 64KB]
- Birth Defects Prevention Evaluated Activities Matrix pdf icon[PDF – 2 MB]
The technical guidelines in this document from the National Birth Defects Prevention Network consist of a series of chapters covering the fundamental aspects of developing, planning, implementing, and conducting surveillance for birth defects and using the resulting data. They provide a way of improving the quality of birth defects surveillance data, which in turn enhances their use.
Data & Statistics
Find data and statistics related to birth defects, including prevalence of many types of birth defects.
Research & Tracking
Find a summary of CDC’s birth defects tracking and research.
Read CDC’s latest scientific articles on birth defects.
Health Communication Materials
CDC’s HealthComm KEY databeseexternal icon contains summaries of recent journal articles relating to health communication research and practice. Additional books, articles, journals, websites and other sources that may be useful to individuals interested in health communications are listed in this database. Register for free to use the database.