Multistate outbreak of hepatitis A virus infections linked to pomegranate seeds from Turkey (Final Update)
This particular outbreak appears to be over. However, Viral Hepatitis is still an important cause of human illness in the United States. More information about Viral Hepatitis, and steps people can take to reduce their risk of infection, can be found on the CDC Viral Hepatitis website.
- FDA Investigates Multistate Outbreak of Hepatitis A Illnesses Associated with Pomegranate seeds from Turkish ImporterExternal
- Harris Teeter recallExternal
- Description of the Steps In a Foodborne Outbreak Investigation
- CDC’s Role During a Multi-State Foodborne Outbreak Investigation
- For questions: 800-CDC-INFO (1-800-232-4636)
- Health Professionals