CDC has been working around the world for more than 60 years.
The reason is simple: in today’s interconnected world, a disease threat anywhere is a disease threat everywhere. We help detect and control outbreaks at their source so that Americans can live healthier, more stable, and productive lives.
CDC protects Americans through global health.
Making a Difference
In the News
- Spread of highly drug-resistant tuberculosis sparks concerns - Reuters
February 15, 2017
- India Deaths Investigation (Part 3, 13:45 mins.) CBC Radio
February 8, 2017
- Dangerous Fruit: Mystery of Deadly Outbreaks in India Is Solved The New York Times
January 31, 2017
- In South Africa, Deadly Tuberculosis Strain Is Spread Directly The New York Times
January 30, 2017
- Goats and Soda: Why Is Extensively Drug-Resistant TB On The Rise? - NPR
January 18, 2017
- Page last reviewed: February 9, 2017
- Page last updated: February 9, 2017
- Content source:
Notice: Linking to a non-federal site does not constitute an endorsement by HHS, CDC or any of its employees of the sponsors or the information and products presented on the site.