IETA Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible, you must meet all the criteria below:
- I am a full-time HHS federal employee (Civil Service or U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps officer).
- I am at the GS-11 grade or above (Civil Service) or O-3 rank or above (U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps officer).
- I have been in my current position for 12 or more consecutive months as of September 1.
- Excluding deployments, I have not worked in a U.S. Embassy as an HHS federal employee*.
- I will be available to travel for a minimum 12-week international field assignment anytime between January 15 to September 1.
- I have permission from my first-level and second-level supervisors to apply and fully participate in the program. Your home office must be willing to cover costs associated with all training, including travel to Atlanta, Georgia.
- I understand and agree to being matched with a country where CDC has a global presence which could be a high-threat country.
- I have/will have a government credit card and official U.S. Government employee (maroon) passport. I understand that failure to obtain a government credit card or passport will result in being removed from the program.
* If you have previously worked as an HHS federal employee assigned to an International Organization, you are eligible to apply to the IETA program.
Note: The IETA program, in conjunction with hosting CDC programs and partner organizations, reserves the right to terminate an assignment if it is found that the participant is not fulfilling their duties, is not working well with partners, or is in any way damaging to the IETA program.
If you have questions about the eligibility criteria, please contact the IETA program at email@example.com.
The IETA program seeks applicants from a wide variety of professional backgrounds including:
- Behavioral and Social Science
- Clinical Trial Design/Management
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Contract Management
- Cooperative Agreement/Grant Management
- Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Environmental Science
- Financial Management
- Global Health
- Health Education/Health Promotion
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Instructional Design and Facilitation
- Laboratory Science
- Management and Operations
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Partnership Engagement
- Program Implementation/Management
- Quality Control
- Scientific Review and Clearance
- Scientific Writing
- Strategic Planning