Strategic Plan Overview 2019-2022
A healthier, safer world that is able to prevent, detect, and respond to public health threats.
Protecting Americans and people worldwide from public health threats by working with partners to build capacity, advance research, and respond in times of crises.
- Expand and strengthen public health workforce capacity
- Support development of national public health institutions to ensure central coordination of essential public health functions
- Guide and strengthen technical and programmatic capacity for global health security
- Establish effective systems to support rapid detection of pathogens with epidemic potential
- Conduct continuous monitoring and rapid verification of infectious disease outbreaks and public health events
- Assist countries and other partners to prepare for global health emergencies
- Provide technical support and coordination during and after global health emergencies
- Coordinate and collaborate with divisions across the Center for Global Health (CGH) and CDC
- Coordinate and collaborate with external partners