Health Systems Strengthening Team
The Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) program is a cross cutting function that focuses on supporting the strengthening of the South African Public health system. The support is provided at all levels of the public health system and includes but is not limited to increased focus on capacity building of systems that allow delivery of trainings and services, and increased system level coordination and standardization.
Current Strategic Objectives
The HSS current strategic objectives include:
- Strengthening the Human Resources (HR) capacity of the HIV response system.
- Strengthening the governance, leadership, and management capacity at all levels of the public health system.
- Strengthening the public financial management systems responsible for HIV service delivery.
- Strengthening the supply chain for HIV and AIDS related commodities.
- Strengthening the community systems to promote prevention activities and generate demand and linkage to HIV services.