Communication and Public Outreach
Any public health emergency presents significant risk communication challenges, and an influenza pandemic will be no different. Clear, accurate and timely communication is key to keeping the general public informed about the influenza pandemic. The following are federal resources that can help assist with pandemic communication planning efforts.
- CDC Crisis Emergency Risk Communication (CERC)
- CDC Communication Resources for Emergency Health Professionals
- Communicating in a Crisis – Risk Communication Guidelines for Public Officials (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration)external icon
- Pandemic Influenza Pre-Event Message Mapsexternal icon
- Staying Connected with Flu Social Media