CDC Pandemic Tools
CDC’s pandemic influenza preparedness efforts include ongoing surveillance of human and animal influenza A viruses, risk assessments of influenza A viruses with pandemic potential, and the development and improvement of preparedness tools that can aid public health practitioners in the event of an influenza pandemic.
The links below offer more information about influenza pandemics and highlight some of CDC Influenza Division’s continued work on influenza pandemic preparedness.
Pandemic Modeling Tools
Resources to help hospital administrators and state and local health officials prepare for the next influenza pandemic
Risk assessments help assess the threat of influenza viruses with pandemic potential.
- Novel Framework for Assessing Epidemiologic Effects of Influenza Epidemics and Pandemics
- Non-Pharmaceutical Interventions Planning Guidance and Checklists
Updated Preparedness and Response Framework for Influenza Pandemics. MMWR September 26, 2014 / 63(RR06);1-9
CDC has updated its framework to describe influenza pandemic progression using six intervals (two prepandemic and four pandemic intervals) and eight domains. This updated framework can be used for influenza pandemic planning and has been aligned with the pandemic phases restructured in 2013 by the World Health Organization.
- CDC’s World Health Organization (WHO) Collaborating Center for Surveillance, Epidemiology and Control of Influenza
- Page last reviewed: November 3, 2016
- Page last updated: November 3, 2016
- Content source:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD)
- Page maintained by: Office of the Associate Director for Communication, Digital Media Branch, Division of Public Affairs