Transportation and Travel Industry
These resources are archived for historical purposes and are being systematically reviewed and updated. They will be posted online as they become available.
The travel and transportation industry will play an integral role in maintaining the Nation’s continuity of operations in an influenza pandemic. The following guidance, checklists, and information will aid the travel and transportation industry in planning for and responding to pandemic influenza.
- Interim Guidance for Cargo Trucking Crews for the Prevention of Pandemic Influenza
- Interim Guidance for Cleaning Crew for a Truck Cab when the Driver or Helper is Visibly Ill during an Influenza Pandemic
- Interim Guidance for Cleaning International Port of Entry (IPOE) Detention Facilities When Pandemic Influenza is Suspected in a Detainee or Staff Member
- Interim Guidance for Cleaning Passenger and Cargo Vessels during an Influenza Pandemic
- Travel Industry Pandemic Influenza Planning Checklist Cdc-pdf[93 KB, 5 Pages]
- Selected EPA-registered DisinfectantsExternal.
- Interim Guidance for Passenger Railcar (Transit Vehicle) Cleaning When a Passenger or Crewmember is Visibly Ill During an Influenza Pandemic
- Interim Guidance for Cleaning Transit Stations During an Influenza Pandemic
- Guidance for Airline Cleaning Crew, Maintenance Crew, and Baggage Package and Cargo Handlers for Airlines Returning from Areas Affected by Avian Influenza A
- Archived: Guidance for Airline Crews and Persons Meeting Passenger
- Guidance for Cleaning Aircraft Exteriors after Collisions with Birds in Avian Influenza A (H5N1)-Affected Areas
- EMS Pandemic Influenza Guidelines for Statewide Adoption(National Highway Traffic Safety Administration)External
- Pandemic Influenza: Preparedness, Response, and Recovery Guide for Critical Infrastructure and Key Resources–Annex: Aviation Sub-Sector Pandemic Guideline Cdc-pdf[2.6 MB, 16 Pages]External
- Recommendations for Protocol Development for 9-1-1 PersonnelExternal