Schools and Child Care Centers
These resources are archived for historical purposes and are being systematically reviewed and updated. They will be posted online as they become available.
In an influenza pandemic, child care centers and schools play a key role in protecting students' health and safety. As with any emergency, having a contingency plan is essential.
- Child Care and Preschool Pandemic Influenza Planning [125 KB, 2 Pages]
- School District (K-12) Pandemic Influenza Planning [124 KB, 3 Pages]
- Colleges and Universities Pandemic Influenza Planning [170 KB, 3 Pages]
- Emergency Planning: Influenza Outbreak (United States Department of Education)
- Pandemic Flu: A Planning Guide for Educators [5 MB, 5 Pages]
- Legal Preparedness for School Closures in Response to Pandemic Influenza and Other Emergencies (Center for Law and the Public's Health at Georgetown & Johns Hopkins Universities)
- Page last reviewed: November 3, 2016
- Page last updated: November 3, 2016
- Content source:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD)
- Page maintained by: Office of the Associate Director for Communication, Digital Media Branch, Division of Public Affairs