Schools and Child Care Centers
These resources are archived for historical purposes and are being systematically reviewed and updated. They will be posted online as they become available.
In an influenza pandemic, child care centers and schools play a key role in protecting students’ health and safety. As with any emergency, having a contingency plan is essential.
- Child Care and Preschool Pandemic Influenza Planning pdf icon[125 KB, 2 Pages]
- School District (K-12) Pandemic Influenza Planning pdf icon[124 KB, 3 Pages]
- Colleges and Universities Pandemic Influenza Planning pdf icon[170 KB, 3 Pages]
- Emergency Planning: Influenza Outbreak (United States Department of Education)pdf iconexternal icon
- Pandemic Flu: A Planning Guide for Educators pdf icon[5 MB, 5 Pages]external icon
- Legal Preparedness for School Closures in Response to Pandemic Influenza and Other Emergencies (Center for Law and the Public’s Health at Georgetown & Johns Hopkins Universities)pdf iconexternal icon