Businesses and Employers
These resources are archived for historical purposes and are being systematically reviewed and updated. They will be posted online as they become available.
In a flu pandemic, employers play a key role in protecting employees’ health and safety. Organizations can help limit any negative impact on the economy and society as well. Companies that provide critical infrastructure services, such as power and telecommunications, must also plan to continue operations in a crisis. As with any emergency situation, having a contingency plan is essential.
Planning Checklists and Guidance
- Business Pandemic Influenza Planning Checklist (English) pdf icon[284 KB, 2 Pages]
- Pandemic Preparedness Planning for US Businesses with Overseas Operations Checklist pdf icon[3 MB, 4 Pages]
- Law Enforcement Pandemic Influenza Planning pdf icon[468 KB, 4 Pages]
- Correctional Facilities Pandemic Influenza Planning pdf icon[1.4 MB, 8 Pages]
- Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for an Influenza Pandemic (Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA))external icon
- How to Protect Yourself in the Workplace during a Pandemicexternal icon
- Department of Labor (DOL): An Employer’s Guide to Group Health Continuation Coverage Under Cobra pdf icon[397KB, 19 Pages]external icon
- DOL: Meeting Your Fiduciary Responsibilitiesexternal icon