Other Related Links
Information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Water-Related Emergencies and Outbreaks
Get important facts about water safety from the CDC Healthy Water (HW) Program.
- Coping with a Traumatic Event
Read tips for dealing with stress and anxiety after a disaster from the CDC National Center for Injury Prevention & Control (NCIPC).
Learn more about preparing for a flood, staying safe, and cleaning up.
Federal Hurricane Response Resources
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA): Hurricanes
Get key facts from the EPA about preparing for a hurricane and recovering afterward.
- National Weather Service Hurricane Center
Get the latest information about current weather and hurricanes happening now.
- FEMA Hurricane Readiness Resources
Find tips on how to prepare for a hurricane from Ready.gov.
Find resources and learn how to volunteer for the disaster-relief organization.
State Hurricane Websites
- Page last reviewed: August 25, 2017
- Page last updated: August 25, 2017
- Content source:
- National Center for Environmental Health (NCEH); Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR); Office of Noncommunicable Diseases, Injury, and Environmental Health (ONDIEH); National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (NCCDPHP); National Center for Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities (NCBDDD)