CDC in Venezuela
CDC Zika Updates
On January 22, 2016, CDC activated its Emergency Operations Center (EOC) to respond to outbreaks of Zika occurring in the Americas and increased reports of birth defects and Guillain-Barré syndrome in areas affected by Zika. On February 1, 2016, the World Health Organization declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC) because of clusters of microcephaly and other neurological disorders in some areas affected by Zika. On February 8, 2016, CDC elevated its EOC activation to a Level 1, the highest level.
CDC is working with international public health partners and with state and local health departments to
- Alert healthcare providers and the public about Zika.
- Post travel notices and other travel-related guidance.
- Provide state health laboratories with diagnostic tests.
- Detect and report cases, which will help prevent further spread.
- U.S. Department of State International Travel Information: Venezuela
- Health Information for Travelers to Venezuela
- Government Visa Travel
- US Embassy to Venezuela
- CIA Factbook: Venezuela
- Global School-based Student Health Survey (GSHS): Venezuela
- Immigrant, Refugee and Migrant Health
- Registration of Traveler Emergency Contact and Itinerary Information
- Parasites: Schistosomiasis in Venezuela
- Global Tobacco Surveillance System (GTSS) Releases 145 School Based Survey Fact Sheets: Venezuela
- Update: Dengue in Tropical and Subtropical Regions
- Ehrlichia chaffeensis in Child, Venezuela
- Lobomycosis in Man and Lobomycosis-like Disease in Bottlenose Dolphin, Venezuela
- Transmission of Guanarito and Pirital Viruses among Wild Rodents, Venezuela
- Other Diseases Found in Tropical South America
- Neglected Tropical Diseases: The Path to the Elimination of Onchocerciasis in the Americas
Yellow Fever and Malaria Information
- Page last reviewed: April 10, 2013
- Page last updated: April 10, 2013
- Content source:
Notice: Linking to a non-federal site does not constitute an endorsement by HHS, CDC or any of its employees of the sponsors or the information and products presented on the site.