Additional Links & References
- Mosquito Bite Prevention for Travelers fact sheet pdf icon[PDF – 2 pages]
- Mosquito Bite Prevention for Travelers en Espanol pdf icon[PDF – 2 pages]
- Yellow Fever Disease and Vaccine Information
- Yellow Fever Vaccine Requirements and Recommendations, by Country
- Authorized U.S. Yellow Fever Vaccine Centers
- Yellow Fever Vaccine Information Statement (VIS)pdf icon[PDF – 2 pages]
- General Information about Yellow Fever Vaccine
- Yellow Fever Vaccine Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices
The 2010 recommendations include information on the epidemiology of YF, the safety profile of the vaccine, and health regulations related to the vaccine.
- Yellow fever vaccine booster doses: Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, 2015
Provides updated information on booster dose recommendations for yellow fever vaccine.
- How Health Care Providers Can Become Certified to Administer Yellow Fever Vaccine
- Reporting Adverse Events Following Vaccination (Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System)external icon
- Special Testing for Selected Patients with Serious Adverse Events Potentially Related to Yellow Fever Vaccination
- Update to International Health Regulations – Yellow fever vaccination boosterexternal icon
Barwick R. History of thymoma and yellow fever vaccination. Lancet. 2004;364(9438):936.
Cavalcanti DP, Salomao MA, Lopez-Camelo J, et al. Early exposure to yellow fever vaccine during pregnancy. Trop Med Int Health. 2007;12(7):833–7.
CDC. Yellow fever vaccine: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2010;59(RR-7):1–27.
CDC. Yellow fever vaccine booster doses: Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, 2015. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2015;64(23):647–50.
CDC. Notes from the Field: Fatal Yellow Fever Vaccine–Associated Viscerotropic Disease — Oregon, September 2014. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2015;64(10):279–281.
Gershman MD, Staples JE, Bentsi-Enchill AD, Viscerotropic disease: case definition and guidelines for collection, analysis, and presentation of immunization safety data. Vaccine. 2012;30(33):5038–58.
Hayes EB. Acute viscerotropic disease following vaccination against yellow fever. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 2007;101(10):967–71.
Jentes ES. Poumerol G, Gershman MD, et al. The revised global yellow fever risk map and recommendations for vaccination, 2010: consensus of the Informal WHO Working Group on Geographic Risk for Yellow Fever. Lancet Infect Dis. 2011;11:622-32.
Lindsey NP, Schroeder BA, Miller ER, et al. Adverse event reports following yellow fever vaccination. Vaccine. 2008;26(48):6077–82.
McMahon AW, Eidex RB, Marfin AA, et al. Neurologic disease associated with 17D-204 yellow fever vaccination: a report of 15 cases. Vaccine. 2007;25(10):1727–34.
Monath TP, Cetron MS. Prevention of yellow fever in persons traveling to the tropics. Clin Infect Dis. 2002;34(10):1369–78.
Monath TP, Gershman M, Staples JE, Barrett ADT. Yellow fever vaccine. In: Plotkin S, Orenstein WA, Offit PA, editors. Vaccines. 6th ed. Philadelphia: Elsevier Saunders; 2013. p. 870–968.
Muñoz J, Vilella A, Domingo C, et al. Yellow fever-associated viscerotropic disease in Barcelona, Spain. J Travel Med. 2008;15(3):202–5.
Nasidi A, Monath TP, Vandenberg J, et al. Yellow fever vaccination and pregnancy: a four-year prospective study. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 1993;87(3):337–9.
Nishioka Sde A, Nunes-Araujo FRF, Pires WP, et al. Yellow fever vaccination during pregnancy and spontaneous abortion: a case–control study. Trop Med Int Health. 1998;3(1):29–33.
Suzano CE, Amaral E, Sato HK, et al. The effects of yellow fever immunization (17DD) inadvertently used in early pregnancy during a mass campaign in Brazil. Vaccine. 2006;24(9):1421–6.
World Health Organization. Vaccines and vaccination against yellow fever. WHO position paper — June 2013. Wkly Epidemiol Rec. 2013;88(27):269–83.
World Health Organization. International Health Regulations. 2005. Geneva. [cited 2015 Oct 22].external icon