STRYVE Action Council
Striving to Prevent Youth Violence Everywhere is a national initiative led by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to prevent youth violence. To realize its vision, STRYVE is working to
- Increase public health leadership to prevent youth violence
- Promote the widespread adoption of youth violence prevention strategies based on the best available evidence
- Reduce the rates of youth violence on a national scale
Through its interacting components, STRYVE helps communities take a public health approach to preventing youth violence—stopping it before it even starts.
The STRYVE Action Council is a multi-sector consortium of organizations that work at the national level to advance youth violence prevention efforts in states and communities. The Action Council is united in STRYVE’s common vision: a nation of safe and healthy youth who can achieve their full potential as connected and contributing members of thriving, violence-free families, schools, and communities. Current Action Council members represent public health, education, and law enforcement, as well as youth-serving and social service sectors.
The Action Council’s work in support of state and local efforts includes
- Increasing awareness and understanding that youth violence is a preventable public health issue
- Expanding the network of national, state, and local organizations that are involved in, and champions for, youth violence prevention
- Informing national, state and local policy that advances youth violence prevention strategies
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) leads and administers the STRYVE Action Council, with support from the Safe States Alliance. All Action Council member organizations provide voluntary, in-kind support to the STRYVE Action Council. Its activities are driven by an action plan, and the Action Council accomplishes its work through small workgroups that are co-led by CDC, Safe States, and Action Council members.
Key Strengths, Progress, and Key Accomplishments
- The STRYVE Action Council network represents more than 1,000 affiliate organizations and chapters that are poised to champion youth violence prevention.
- STRYVE Action Council member organizations offered more than 50 training opportunities and published more than 30 new resources related to youth violence prevention.
- STRYVE Action Council organizations collectively disseminated more than 1,000 youth violence prevention social media messages to their more than 1 million fans and followers.
For more information about the STRYVE Action Council, contact email@example.com.
The STRYVE Action Council
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Association of School Administrators
- American Psychological Association
- American Public Health Association
- Association of State and Territorial Health Officials
- Boys and Girls Clubs of America
- Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America
- Illinois Children’s Mental Health Partnership
- Local Initiatives Support Corporation