Perinatal Hepatitis B Prevention Program
Here you will find Perinatal Hepatitis B Prevention Program-related resources for PHBPP staff at the state, local, and territorial levels.
Perinatal Hepatitis B Coordinator List
Maintained by CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases
This net conference presents core knowledge necessary for a PHBPP Coordinator to possess to be successful in their position in concise web-based platform.
Perinatal Hepatitis B Coordinators Orientation
CDC holds quarterly calls to provide updates and education about the Perinatal Hepatitis B prevention program. Upcoming calls are at 2:00 to 3:30 pm (EST).
- January 12, 2022
- April 13, 2022
- July 13, 2022
- October 12, 2022
Call-related materials will be distributed approximately 1 week prior to the scheduled call.
- Prevention of Hepatitis B Virus Infection in the United States: Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices
Sarah Schillie, MD; Claudia Vellozzi, MD; Arthur Reingold, MD; et al.
MMWR, January 12, 2018, Vol 67,(1);1-31
- Schillie S, Walker T, Veselsky S, Crowley S, Dusek C, Lazaroff J, Morris SA, Onye K, Ko S, Fenlon N, Nelson NP, Murphy TV. Outcomes of infants born to women infected with hepatitis B.external icon Pediatrics. 2015 May;135(5):e1141-7. doi: 10.1542/peds.2014-3213. Epub 2015 Apr 20. PubMed PMID: 25896839.
- Ko SC, Fan L, Smith EA, Fenlon N, Koneru AK, Murphy TV. Estimated Annual Perinatal Hepatitis B Virus Infections in the United States, 2000-2009.external icon J Pediatric Infect Dis Soc. 2014 Dec 18. pii: piu115. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 26407247.
- Veselsky SL, Walker TY, Fenlon N, Teo C, Murphy TV. Discrepant hepatitis B surface antigen results in pregnant women screened to identify hepatitis B virus infection.external icon Pediatrics. 2014 October; 165(4): 773-778.
- Ko SC, Schillie SF, Walker T, Veselsky SL, Nelson NP, Lazaroff J, Crowley S, Dusek C, Loggins K, Onye K, Fenlon N, Murphy TV. Hepatitis B vaccine response among infants born to hepatitis B surface antigen-positive women.external icon Vaccine. 2014 Apr 11;32(18):2127-33. doi: 10.1016/j.vaccine.2014.01.099. Epub 2014 Feb 22. PubMed PMID: 24560676.
- Smith EA, Jacques-Carroll L, Walker TY, Sirotkin B, and Murphy TV. The National Perinatal Hepatitis B Prevention Program, 1994–2008 pdf icon[10 pages]external icon Pediatrics. 2012 April; 129(4): 609-615.
- Hepatitis B Provider Tip Sheet pdf icon[2 pages]
- Laboratory reporting of HBsAg-positive pregnant women
- Hepatitis B Transmission
- Maternal Hepatitis B Screening and Reporting Requirements (by State)
- Hepatitis B Vaccine at Birthexternal icon Immunization Action Coalition
- HEP B Foundation #Just B Storytelling Campaign
- Alanexternal icon, a story of how HBV can be passed through generations of a family without proper precautions
- Aliceexternal icon, English and Cantonese, a story of a woman who was infected by her mom, but was able to stop the transmission to her own kids by getting tested when pregnant and making sure her kids got PEP
- Chendaexternal icon, English and Khmer, a story of a woman who stopped transmission to her own baby by making sure her child got PEP
- Janet and Kurtexternal icon – adoption story of a baby born to an HBsAg+ mom, who was given PEP at birth and is HBV free!
- AAP Birth dose videoexternal icon