Perinatal Hepatitis B Prevention Program
Here you will find Perinatal Hepatitis B Prevention Program-related resources for PHBPP staff at the state, local, and territorial levels.
Perinatal Hepatitis B Coordinator List
Maintained by CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases
PHBPP Net Conferences
This net conference presents core knowledge necessary for a PHBPP Coordinator to possess to be successful in their position in concise web-based platform.
Perinatal Hepatitis B Coordinators Orientation
Quarterly Conference Calls
CDC holds quarterly calls to provide updates and education about the Perinatal Hepatitis B prevention program. Upcoming calls are at 2:00 to 3:30 pm (EST).
- July 11,2018
- October 10,2018
Call-related materials will be distributed approximately 1 week prior to the scheduled call.
ACIP Hepatitis B Recommendations
Prevention of Hepatitis B Virus Infection in the United States: Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices
Sarah Schillie, MD; Claudia Vellozzi, MD; Arthur Reingold, MD; et al.
MMWR, January 12, 2018, Vol 67,(1);1-31
- PDF version [36 pages]
- Assay Tables – 2012 updates
Articles Generated from Program Data
- Schillie S, Walker T, Veselsky S, Crowley S, Dusek C, Lazaroff J, Morris SA, Onye K, Ko S, Fenlon N, Nelson NP, Murphy TV. Outcomes of infants born to women infected with hepatitis B. Pediatrics. 2015 May;135(5):e1141-7. doi: 10.1542/peds.2014-3213. Epub 2015 Apr 20. PubMed PMID: 25896839.
- Ko SC, Fan L, Smith EA, Fenlon N, Koneru AK, Murphy TV. Estimated Annual Perinatal Hepatitis B Virus Infections in the United States, 2000-2009. J Pediatric Infect Dis Soc. 2014 Dec 18. pii: piu115. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 26407247.
- Veselsky SL, Walker TY, Fenlon N, Teo C, Murphy TV. Discrepant hepatitis B surface antigen results in pregnant women screened to identify hepatitis B virus infection. Pediatrics. 2014 October; 165(4): 773-778.
- Ko SC, Schillie SF, Walker T, Veselsky SL, Nelson NP, Lazaroff J, Crowley S, Dusek C, Loggins K, Onye K, Fenlon N, Murphy TV. Hepatitis B vaccine response among infants born to hepatitis B surface antigen-positive women. Vaccine. 2014 Apr 11;32(18):2127-33. doi: 10.1016/j.vaccine.2014.01.099. Epub 2014 Feb 22. PubMed PMID: 24560676.
- Smith EA, Jacques-Carroll L, Walker TY, Sirotkin B, and Murphy TV. The National Perinatal Hepatitis B Prevention Program, 1994–2008 [10 pages] Pediatrics. 2012 April; 129(4): 609-615.
- Laboratory reporting of HBsAg-positive pregnant women
- Algorithm Illustrating Prenatal Care Provider Testing Procedures [1 page]
- Hepatitis B Transmission
- Maternal Hepatitis B Screening and Reporting Requirements (by State)
- Hepatitis B Vaccine at Birth Immunization Action Coalition
- Page last reviewed: December 13, 2017
- Page last updated: September 11, 2018
- Content source: