Vaccine Guidelines and Recommendations for Emergency Situations
Advisory Committee for Immunization Practices (ACIP)
- Immunization Recommendations for Disaster Responders
Required immunizations for emergency responders and vaccines with no indicator.
- Questions and Answers About Immunization Recommendations Following a Disaster
Answers questions such as "How will evacuation centers receive adequate vaccine to immunize evacuees?"
- Interim Immunization Recommendations for Individuals Displaced by a Disaster
The purpose of these recommendations is two-fold:
- To ensure that children, adolescents, and adults are protected against vaccine-preventable diseases in accordance with current recommendations. Immunization records are unlikely to be available for a large number of adult and child evacuees. It is important that immunizations are kept current if possible.
- To reduce the likelihood of outbreaks of vaccine-preventable diseases in large crowded group settings.
- Page last reviewed: July 16, 2013
- Page last updated: July 16, 2013
- Content source: