Quit Smoking Resources
- Tips From Former Smokers®
This CDC campaign Web site lets you view the ads, learn more about the people featured and their health conditions, and access quit-smoking resources.
- 1-800-QUIT-NOWexternal icon
A free, phone-based service with educational materials, coaches, a quit plan, and referrals to local resources to help you quit tobacco use.
- 1-855-DÉJELO-YA (1-855-335-3569)external icon
A free, phone-based service to help Spanish speaking persons quit tobacco use. .
- BeTobaccoFree.govexternal icon
This HHS Web site provides one-stop access to tobacco-related information, including information on quitting tobacco use, from its various agencies.
- smokefree.govexternal icon
A Web site that provides free, accurate information and assistance to help you quit smoking and stay tobacco-free.
- smokefree.gov (en Español)external icon
A Spanish-language Web site that provides free, accurate information and assistance to help you quit smoking and stay tobacco-free.
- SmokefreeWomenexternal icon
A Web site that provides free, accurate information and assistance to help women quit smoking and stay tobacco-free.
- SfT (Smokefree Teen)external icon
A Web site that provides free, accurate information and assistance to help teens quit smoking and stay tobacco-free.
- SmokefreeTXTexternal icon
A mobile service that provides encouragement, advice, and tips to help young adults quit smoking.
- Smokefree Smartphone Appsexternal icon
Smokefree smartphone applications that help you track your quit smoking progress, receive motivational reminders, and more.
- Quit Tobacco—Make Everyone Proudexternal icon
A DoD-sponsored Web site for military personnel and their families.
- Treating Tobacco Use and Dependence: 2008 Update—Overviewexternal icon
Consumer materials to help tobacco users become tobacco-free.
- Harms of Smoking and Benefits of Quittingexternal icon
A fact sheet from the National Cancer Institute that summarizes the harmful effects of smoking and short- and long-term benefits of quitting.
- American Cancer Societyexternal icon
Guide to quitting smoking.
- American Heart Associationexternal icon
Information and support to help you quit smoking.
- American Lung Associationexternal icon
Resources to help smokers figure out their reasons for quitting and then take the big step of quitting for good.
Page last reviewed: December 11, 2017