- Most people who are sick with Q fever will recover without antibiotic treatment.
- However, for people who develop Q fever disease, treatment with 2 weeks of doxycycline antibiotic is recommended.
Chronic Q fever
- A life-threatening infection, requiring several months of antibiotic treatment.
- Treated with a combination of antibiotics including doxycycline and hydroxychloroquine for several months.
- Page last reviewed: December 26, 2017
- Page last updated: December 26, 2017
- Content source: