Information For Laboratory Personnel
Measures should be taken to minimize the risk of laboratory transmission when testing routine clinical specimens from confirmed or suspected mpox patients. These may include limiting the number of staff testing specimens, avoiding any procedures that could generate infectious aerosols, and wearing appropriate personal protective equipment while taking other precautions consistent with adherence to Standard Precautions.
- MPXV TNF Receptor Gene Deletion May Lead to False Negative Results with Some MPXV Specific LDTs
- Non-variola Orthopoxvirus Generic Real-Time PCR Test Procedure [575 KB, 8 pages]
- Mpox Generic PCR Protocol [414 KB, 8 pages]
- Real-Time PCR Assays for the Specific Detection of Mpox Virus West African and Congo Basin Strain DNA
- Detection of Mpox Virus with Real-Time PCR Assays