Listserv for Hospital Discharge and Ambulatory Surgery Data
The Hospital Discharge and Ambulatory Surgery Data (HDAS-DATA) list provides a forum for discussion and dissemination of data from the National Hospital Discharge Survey (NHDS) and from the National Survey of Ambulatory Surgery (NSAS). Both surveys are administered by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's National Center for Health Statistics (CDC/NCHS).
The NHDS has been conducted annually since 1965 and is the principal source of information on characteristics of inpatients discharged from non-Federal short-stay hospitals in the United States. The NSAS was designed to meet the need for data on the use of ambulatory surgery in the United States. It was conducted annually from 1994 through 1996 and again in 2006.
Public and private agencies and institutions use these data to examine a range of public health topics. For more information about the NHDS and NSAS, including links to publications and public-use data files, visit the National Hospital Discharge Survey and National Survey of Ambulatory Surgery websites.
How to Subscribe to the HDAS-DATA List
Subscribe using one of the following two options:
- Send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org. Leave the subject line blank. In the body of the message, type or paste: subscribe HDAS-DATA your name where 'your name' is your first and last name.
- Fill out and submit a subscription request form through the NCHS listservs webpage. You should receive an email notification of your subscription.
How to Unsubscribe from the HDAS-DATA List
- Send an email message to email@example.com. Leave the subject line blank. In the body of the message, type or paste: signoff HDAS-DATA.
If you have any questions or problems, please contact the HDAS-DATA list owner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Page last reviewed: November 6, 2015
- Page last updated: October 8, 2009
- Content source: