Resources for Patients
Find information about HIV, viral hepatitis, STDs, and TB to share with patients.
CDC offers a variety of patient-oriented HIV resources through its Let’s Stop HIV Together campaign and consumer information webpage. Examples of these resources are included below. For a complete listing of patient and consumer-oriented resources, please see Let’s Stop HIV Together and Consumer Information Sheets.
- Brochures and Pocket Guides
- Consumer Information Sheets
CDC also provides information for patients living with HIV, and clinical providers may share these links with patients diagnosed with HIV who are looking for information. Examples of these resources are included below. See Living With HIV for more information.
CDC and partners provide resources to assist patients in identifying their risk for HIV and finding safe and confidential service locations near them.
- CDC Resources:
- Learn about the risk of getting HIV or transmitting HIV to someone else, and how to lower that risk.
- Find HIV prevention services near you in the United States, including HIV testing, pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP), and condom distribution locations.
- Find a PrEP provider in a specific area. Enter a zip code into the search box and the widget will show a listing of nearby PrEP providers.
- Find free, fast, and confidential testing near you for HIV, STDs, and viral hepatitis.
- Partner Resources
- Find HIV care servicesexternal icon across the United States, including HIV medical care, housing assistance, and substance abuse and mental health services.
- Find your state HIV/AIDS toll-free hotlineexternal iconto connect with agencies that can help determine what services you are eligible for and help you get them.
- Find Ryan White HIV medical care providersexternal iconwho can help people with HIV access the medical care they need but can’t afford.
- Search for HIV care specialistsexternal iconand members of the American Academy of HIV Medicine for direct access to HIV practitioners across the country.
CDC offers a variety of patient-oriented viral hepatitis resources through the Know Hepatitis B and Know More Hepatitis campaigns and fact sheets. Examples of these resources are included below. For a complete listing of patient and consumer-oriented resources, please see Know Hepatitis B, Know More Hepatitis, and the viral hepatitis Fact Sheet Library.
- Know Hepatitis B
- Know More Hepatitis
- Hepatitis A, B and C Fact Sheets
CDC provides resources to assist patients in finding safe and confidential viral hepatitis service locations near them.
CDC develops patient- and consumer-oriented fact sheets and brochures on STD prevention and treatment, providing basic information in plain language. Examples of these resources are included below. For a complete listing of patient and consumer-oriented resources, please see the STD Fact Sheet Library and The Facts Brochures.
- Fact Sheets
- Just Diagnosed? Next Steps After Testing Positive for Gonorrhea or Chlamydia pdf icon
- Genital HPV Infectionpdf icon
- Congenital Syphilispdf icon
- What Gay, Bisexual and Other Men Who Have Sex with Men Need to Know About Sexually Transmitted Diseasespdf icon
- The Right Way to Use a Male Condompdf icon
- The Right Way to Use a Female Condompdf icon
- The Facts Brochures
CDC provides a variety of TB and latent tuberculosis infection (LTBI) resources through brochures, fact sheets, and posters. Examples of these resources are included below. For a complete listing of patient and consumer-oriented resources, please see the Fact Sheet Library, and Patient Education Materials
- Brochures and Booklets
- Treatment Tools and Fact Sheets
- Posters and Flyers
CDC provides resources to assist patients in finding safe and confidential TB service locations near them.
- Find tuberculosis services near you in the United States, including TB testing, treatment, and support locations.