Exposure to Lead can Seriously Harm a Child’s Health
No Safe Level of Lead Exposure in Children has Been Identified
Exposure to lead can seriously harm a child’s health and cause well-documented adverse effects such as:
- Damage to the brain and nervous system
- Slowed growth and development
- Learning and behavior problems
- Hearing and speech problems
This can cause:
- Lower IQ
- Decreased ability to pay attention
- Underperformance in school
There is also evidence that childhood exposure to lead can cause long-term harm.
The good news is that childhood lead poisoning is 100% preventable.