Information For You
Explore these resources for families, public health, and medical professionals.
Parents and Caregivers
Find information and guidance on how to protect yourself and your family from the effects of lead exposure.
Learn More About Lead Exposure
- Know the Facts (Printable PDF [PDF – 977 KB])
- 5 Things You Can Do to Help Lower Your Child’s Lead Level [PDF – 234 KB] and en Español [PDF – 166 KB]
- Blood Lead Levels in Children [PDF – 305 KB]
- Are You Pregnant? (Printable PDFs in English [PDF – 2 MB] and en Español [PDF – 2 MB])
- All Children Can Be Exposed to Lead (Printable PDF [PDF – 1 MB])
- ATSDR Toxicological Profile for Lead – information on the toxicology and adverse health effects of lead.
- A Healthy Home for Everyone: The Guide for Families and Individuals [PDF – 3 MB] – booklet with information and action steps for creating a healthy and safe home.
- Find a Pediatric Environmental Health Specialty Unit (PEHSU) in Your Region – information about protecting children from environmental hazards. Learn more with these videos in English and en Español.
Page last reviewed: June 10, 2022