Information About Early Hearing Detection and Intervention (EHDI) State Programs
This page has information for EHDI programs.
Getting the Most from Working with CDC’s EHDI
This is an orientation for new Early Hearing Detection and Intervention (EHDI) Project Directors, or a refresher for veteran managers, wanting to better understand their role as partners with CDC’s EHDI, as well as learn about available resources.
New Funding Opportunity from CDC EHDI (CDC-RFA-DD20-2006)
CDC has released a Notice of Funding Opportunity for a new four year project called “Improving Timely Documentation, Reporting, and Analysis of Diagnostic and Intervention Data through Optimization of EHDI Surveillance.” Visit grants.govexternal icon to find more information.
- EHDI Tier 1 Data Items excel icon[XLS – 12 KB]: List of data items routinely collected by EHDI programs
- EHDI Tier 2 Data Items excel icon[XLS – 12 KB]: List of additional data items that maybe collected by EHDI programs
Funded State EHDI programs
In 2017, CDC awarded multiple states and territories a three-year award called “Documentation and Use of Follow-up Diagnostic and Intervention Services Data through the Maintenance and Enhancement of the Early Hearing Detection and Intervention Information System (EHDI-IS).”
State & Territories Profiles
The State and Territorial Profile includes information about legislation, guidelines, grants and available educational materials.
Annual State Data
Find the contact informationexternal icon, including websites, for EHDI funded and non-funded states and territories.
Free Materials for Patients
View, print, and order brochures to give to patients, including:
- Questions You May Want to Ask Your Child’s Audiologist
- Just in Time for Pediatric Primary Care Providers
- Guía para padres sobre la genética y la pérdida auditiva
- And more…
Conferences & Meetings
Every year, the EHDI National Conference brings together a wide variety of attendees including those who:
- Work in state EHDI programs
- Assist in EHDI efforts on the federal level
- Provide screening, diagnostic and early intervention support at the national, state and local level to young children with hearing loss and their families
- Champion Medical Home activities within each state
- Are parents of children with hearing loss
- Are deaf or hard-of-hearing adults who are helping to expand opportunities for young children with hearing loss
Upcoming Conference – Save the Date!
19th Annual Early Hearing Detection & Intervention Meeting
March 8-10, 2020 • Kansas City, MO
Find recommendations and guidelines related to universal newborn hearing screening and early hearing detection and intervention programs.