Learn More About Hearing Loss in Children
Hearing loss can affect a child’s ability to develop communication, language, and social skills. The earlier children with hearing loss start getting services, the more likely they are to reach their full potential. If you are a parent and you suspect your child has hearing loss, trust your instincts and speak with your child’s doctor. Don’t wait!
- Ways to Improve Timely Hearing Interventions in Infants (medscape.com)
- 2020 Early Hearing Detection and Intervention Data Now Available
- Key Findings: Impacts of COVID-19 on Early Hearing Detection and Intervention
- Key Findings: Infants with Suspected Hearing Loss May Not Receive Timely Diagnosis or Early Intervention
- A Parent’s Guide to Genetics and Hearing Loss
Children reach milestones in how they play, learn, speak, behave, and move (for example, crawling and walking). Check out milestones by age:
Information about programs and services to help you and your child.