EHDI Guidance Manual
How to Make Your EHDI Data System a Useful Tool: A practical guide to moving beyond the basics
This resource from the CDC EHDI Team provides information that can help support state- and territorial-based EHDI programs in their tracking and surveillance activities. The focus of this manual is on data and the EHDI information systems (EHDI-IS) that help ensure that all infants are screened for hearing loss and receive recommend diagnostic testing and intervention services.
Ideally, an EHDI-IS is not just a data repository; it is an integral, dynamic tool that supports a program’s work. Achieving an EHDI-IS that best fulfills its role requires thoughtful planning, development, and evaluation. The concepts introduced in this guidance manual can help you optimize your EHDI-IS and support your program’s work towards its ultimate goal.
This new resource is currently includes 6 chapters:
- Chapter 1: The EHDI Information System: Overview and Key Considerations
- Chapter 2: The EHDI Information System: Data Collection and Reporting
- Chapter 3: Updating and Using Your EHDI-IS for Tracking, Surveillance and Program Improvement
- Chapter 4: EHDI Information System: Data Use and Dissemination
- Chapter 5: Privacy, Confidentiality and Security of the EHDI-IS
- Chapter 6: Monitoring and Evaluation