Reports and Interactive Data
FDA’s 2018 NARMS Integrated Report represents a consolidated view of the data generated from human clinical isolates, food-producing animal isolates, and isolates from raw meat at retail outlets.
NARMS reports summarize antimicrobial resistance among enteric bacteria. The reports describe the number and type of isolates collected, their associated antimicrobial resistance, and trends in antimicrobial resistance. This webpage contains NARMS Human Isolates Reports dating back to 1997.
Laboratory Testing and Isolate Submissions
The CDC NARMS laboratory conducts antimicrobial resistance testing on isolates from sporadic cases and outbreaks of illness. The lab also confirms and studies bacteria that have new antimicrobial resistance patterns and performs research to understand the mechanisms of resistance and how they are spread. More
See how antimicrobial resistance for four bacteria transmitted commonly through food has changed over the past two decades.
2015 NARMS Annual Human Isolates Report
- Read the 2015 Annual Human Isolates Report pdf icon[PDF – 84 pages]
- This annual report includes CDC’s surveillance data for 2015 for nontyphoidal Salmonella (refers to serotypes not causing typhoid fever), typhoidal Salmonella (serotypes Typhi, Paratyphi A, Paratyphi B [tartrate negative], and Paratyphi C), Shigella, Campylobacter, E. coli O157, and Vibrio species other than V. cholerae
- Surveillance data include the number of isolates of each bacteria tested by NARMS and the number and percentage of isolates that were resistant to each of the antimicrobials tested. Data for earlier years are presented in tables and graphs when appropriate.
- 2015 pdf icon[PDF – 84 pages, 7 MB]
- 2014 pdf icon[PDF – 83 pages, 1.88 MB]
- 2013 pdf icon[PDF – 81 pages, 9.77 MB]
- 2012 pdf icon[PDF – 88 pages, 1.47 MB]
- 2011 pdf icon[PDF – 71 pages, 1.46 MB]
- 2010 pdf icon[PDF – 75 pages, 2.69 MB]
- 2009 pdf icon[PDF – 75 pages, 16.9 MB]
- 2008 pdf icon[PDF – 78 pages, 1.59 MB]
- 2007 pdf icon[PDF – 66 pages, 2.75 MB]
- 2006 pdf icon[PDF – 69 pages, 2.29 MB]
- 2005 pdf icon[PDF – 78 pages]
- 2004 pdf icon[PDF – 64 pages, 2.45 MB]
- 2003 pdf icon[PDF – 67 pages]
- 2002 pdf icon[PDF – 75 pages, 11.2 MB]
- Human Isolates Final Report 2002 word icon[Word – 1 page]
- 2001 pdf icon[PDF – 75 pages, 9.85 MB]
- 2000 pdf icon[PDF – 75 pages, 25.5. MB]
- 1999 pdf icon[PDF – 127 pages]
- 1998 pdf icon[PDF – 56 pages, 1.73 MB]
- 1997 pdf icon[PDF – 89 pages]