Our mission is to improve public health nationally and internationally through the prevention and control of disease, disability, and death caused by foodborne, waterborne, and environmentally transmitted infections.
Recent investigations reported on CDC.gov
In the News
- CDC will host its annual Holiday Food Safety Twitter Chat on December 7, 2016 from 2:00- 3:00 pm EST.
- Get CDC information on keeping your family's food safe that you can use year-round.
- Genetic data on antibiotic resistance of Salmonella infections is available for the first time in the NARMS Human Isolates Surveillance Report.
- Global emergence of multidrug-resistant Candida auris
- The mcr-1 gene conferring colistin resistance has been discovered in U.S. E.coli samples.
- Page last reviewed: May 2, 2016
- Page last updated: December 5, 2016
- Content source: