Measles Outbreak Toolkit for Local/State Health Departments
Looking for measles content for your own website? You can syndicate CDC’s Measles Microsite. For more information about content syndication, click here: https://tools.cdc.gov/medialibrary/index.aspx#/results.
We also have many graphics available that you can post on your website:
- Web Button and Banner: Think Measles (Embed these graphics on your website to connect healthcare providers to CDC’s guidelines for patient evaluation, diagnosis & management of measles.)
- Graphic: Consider Measles (Depicts image of child with measles rash and reminds clinicians to consider measles when examining patients.)
- Infographic: Protect Your Child from Measles (Provides CDC’s routine and travel recommendations for MMR vaccine for children.)
Several letter templates are available for you or your stakeholders to use to customize and send to different groups:
- Letter to Principals word icon[1 page, 508]: notifies a school of a local measles outbreak and requests assistance in preventing an outbreak at the school.
- School Exposure Letter to Parents word icon[1 page, 508]: informs parents that a measles case was identified at their child’s school.
- Camp Exposure Letter to Parents word icon[1 page, 508]: informs parents that a measles case was identified at their child’s camp.
- Letter to Providers word icon[2 pages]: describes the vaccination recommendations for high- and low-risk adult populations during outbreak situations and beyond.
Learn the signs and symptoms of measles for quicker diagnosing and share this resource with health care providers in your community.