CDC has developed tools and resources to help people with ME/CFS, their caregivers, and families learn more about ME/CFS and manage their healthcare provider visits.
Handout: Preparing to Discuss ME/CFS with a Healthcare Provider [PDF – 1 page]
Handout: On the Day of Your Office Visit for ME/CFS [PDF – 1 page]
Handout: After a Healthcare Provider Visit for ME/CFS [PDF – 1 page]
CDC has partnered with Medscape to offer five continuing medical education (CME) activities for healthcare providers. All courses can be accessed by either a desktop computer or a mobile device.
- Update on the Clinical Evaluation and Care of Patients with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome [2 MB, 8 pages] (Author: Benjamin Natelson, MD)
- A Fresh Look at Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Diagnosis and Management of a Multisystem Illness (Authors: Benjamin Natelson, MD; Donna Felsenstein, MD; Mitchell Miglis, MD; Dale Strasser, MD)
- ME/CFS: A Case-Based Learning Module (Author: Stephen Gluckman, MD)
- ME/CFS: Test Your Strengths and Gaps in Knowledge (Author: Nancy Klimas, MD)
- Diagnosing Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: The Experts Weigh In (Authors: Lucinda Bateman, MD; Natalie Azar, MD; Nancy Klimas, MD; José Montoya, MD; Valid for credit through: 3/17/2022)