ME/CFS in Children
Myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) is a disabling and complex illness. Scientists do not know what causes it, and there is no cure or approved treatment for the illness. ME/CFS is often thought of as a problem in adults, but children (both adolescents and younger children) can also get ME/CFS.
- Not as much is known about ME/CFS in children because there have been few studies in this age group.
- Scientists estimate that up to 2 in 100 children suffer from ME/CFS.
- ME/CFS is more common in adolescents than in younger children.
- Page last reviewed: July 3, 2017
- Page last updated: July 3, 2017
- Content source: