Clean Hands and Spaces: Web-Based Training
A bilingual training to make your educational environment healthier and safe
The Clean Hands and Spaces training available in English and Spanish, is an online resource for educators, administrators, and supporting personnel in K-12 schools and early care and education (ECE) settings. This training will equip educational communities with the knowledge and skills to encourage good hygiene practices.
The training consists of four modules that focus on:
- How and when to clean hands.
- How to create a hygiene plan in an educational environment.
- How to select, use, and store cleaning products and disinfectants.
- How to work with parents and caregivers to build good habits with children.
After finishing this training, learners will be able to:
- Explain the importance of hand hygiene and clean spaces.
- Identify how and when to clean hands.
- Make a plan to support hand hygiene and clean spaces.
- Understand how to properly use and store hand hygiene and cleaning and disinfection products.
- Work with parents and caregivers to build good habits with children.
You may take the training modules at your own pace and at a time convenient for you. Completion of all the training modules may take 2 to 3 hours depending on your educational role.
Continuing education (CE) credits are available.
Note: If you take the Spanish training, the course evaluation and post-test must be completed in English to receive a continuing education certificate.