My STC Tools
Information and Tools to Manage Your Health
As a participant in the STEPS to Care Program, you have made an important decision to improve your health! With your Patient Navigator, you can use the materials on this website to become adherent to medical care and manage your health.
A downloadable list of terms that you will see in materials on My STEPS To Care is available in this Definitions document.
Other downloadable info briefs provide clear and concise responses to the following questions:
- What is HIV? [PDF – 442 KB]
- How is HIV Transmitted? [PDF – 420 KB]
- What is Your Immune System? [PDF – 390 KB]
- What are CD4 Cells? [PDF – 227 KB]
- What is AIDS? [PDF – 131 KB]
- How does HIV Become AIDS? [PDF – 93 KB]
- What is Adherence? [PDF – 171 KB]
- What is a Viral Load? [PDF – 194 KB]
- What is Harm Reduction? [PDF – 200 KB]
These videos share information or stories that can support you in your decision to become adherent to medical care.
- My STEPS to Care Introduction
- How to use a condom
- How to use a female condom
- De’Bronski’s Story
De’Bronski and his father share the story of his diagnosis and their advice to those newly diagnosed with HIV.
- Real Stories About Medication Adherence
Hear from people living with HIV/AIDS about their motivation for staying adherent to medication.
- Support Works
Hear stories from people living with HIV/AIDS about how their support networks, including friends and family, have helped them with adherence. Learn about simple strategies and planning tools others have used to stay adherent.
- Smart Couples
Hear from people living with HIV/AIDS about how their intimate partners have helped them stay on track by helping them keep their appointments, remember their medication, support their mental health, and more.
You can use these tools on your own, or with your Patient Navigator, to manage your medications and side effects as you work toward becoming and staying adherent.
- The Complete STEPS to Care Workbook [PDF – 2 MB]
- Medication List and Tools – Your Pillbox [PDF – 262 KB]
- Handling Your ART Medication [PDF – 145 KB]
- Adherence Tools – Daily Routine and Pill Chart [PDF – 127 KB]
- Managing Side Effects – Symptom Management Chart and Action Plan [PDF – 144 KB]
- How Does HIV Affect My Body – CD4 Count and Viral Load Journal [PDF – 134 KB]
- Identifying and Building Social Support Networks [PDF – 251 KB]
- Adherence Strengths and Difficulties [PDF – 476 KB]
- Medical Appointments – Tracking and Preparing [PDF – 155 KB]
- Harm Reduction: Sexual Behavior [PDF – 301 KB]
- Harm Reduction: Substance Use [PDF – 138 KB]
- Harm Reduction: Safety in Relationships [PDF – 246 KB]
- Healthy Living: Diet and Exercise [PDF – 220 KB]
- Partner Notification [PDF – 148 KB]