Viral Hepatitis Serology Online Training: Hepatitis A–E
This online training is comprised of five animated tutorial videos with voiceovers.
CDC Public Health Grand Rounds – The 25th Anniversary of the Discovery of the Hepatitis C Virus
In 1989, CDC played a pivotal role in the discovery of the hepatitis C virus (HCV). This session from 2014 discusses how screening guidelines, testing methods, and therapeutic advances provide an opportunity to improve individual outcomes and eventually eliminate hepatitis C.
Hepatitis C Online Course
The University of Washington was funded by the Division of Viral hepatitis to develop a self-study, interactive course for medical providers on hepatitis C virus infection. The site is a comprehensive resource that addresses the diagnosis, monitoring, and management of hepatitis C virus infection. Free CME and CNE credit available.
Hepatitis Web Study
The University of Washington – Seattle Prevention Training Center is funded by the Division of Viral Hepatitis to develop a website that offers free CME/CNE credits. The interactive case studies cover a broad array of topics related to prevention, management, and natural history of hepatitis B.
Medscape Education is a provider of continuous professional development with thousands of free CME/CE courses and not-for-credit activities for physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals. Medscape and the CDC’s Division of Viral Hepatitis have worked together to provide the following educational opportunities:
- CDC Recommendations: One-Time HCV Testing and Linkage to Care for Persons Born 1945-1965
- Can’t Afford a Cure: How Cost Keeps HCV Care Out of Reach
- CDC Expert Commentary: A Silent Epidemic: Why Chronic Hepatitis B Matters
- CDC Expert Commentary: Acute Hepatitis C Infection in Young Persons Who Use Drugs
- CDC Expert Commentary: Hepatitis B Update – Vaccination and Follow-up
- CDC Expert Commentary: Hepatitis B Vaccine for Adults With Diabetes
- CDC Expert Commentary: Testing, Care, and Cure of Hepatitis C Can Be Done in Primary Care
- CDC Expert Commentary: Testing for Hepatitis C: New Guidance
- CDC Expert Commentary: The HIV/HCV Outbreak in Indiana
- CDC Expert Commentary: Prevention of Perinatal Hepatitis B Transmission
Fundamentals of Liver Disease
To help improve primary care physicians’ knowledge of hepatitis B and hepatitis C, the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD), in collaboration with ECHO, the American College of Physicians (ACP), CDC, and the Department of Veterans Affairs, has developed Fundamentals of Liver Disease, a free, online CME course. After completing the course, physicians will know which patients to screen for liver diseases, how to screen, what to do in the patient with positive serologies, what to tell the patient, and how to decide who is a candidate for therapy.
- Page last reviewed: June 13, 2018
- Page last updated: September 7, 2018
- Content source: