Content on this page was developed during the 2009-2010 H1N1 pandemic and has not been updated.
- The H1N1 virus that caused that pandemic is now a regular human flu virus and continues to circulate seasonally worldwide.
- The English language content on this website is being archived for historic and reference purposes only.
- For current, updated information on seasonal flu, including information about H1N1, see the CDC Seasonal Flu website.
Preparing for the Flu: A Communication Toolkit for Community and Faith-based Organizations
March 24, 2010, 5:30 PM ET
The purpose of “Preparing for the Flu: A Communication Toolkit for Community and Faith-based Organizations” is to provide fact sheets, easy-to-use template letters or e-mails, and other materials to assist community and faith-based organizations (CFBOs) communicate about the flu, including seasonal and 2009 H1N1 flu, with their staff, members, and those served in their communities. This document is a companion toolkit for “H1N1 Flu: A Guide for Community and Faith-based Organizations”.
The toolkit includes:
2 Fact Sheets for Community and Faith-based Organizations
2 Fact Sheets For Members and Those Served by Community and Faith-based Organizations
3 Template Letters (or E-mails) to Send to Members and Those Served by Community and Faith-based Organizations
The recently released Guide For Community and Faith-Based Organizations provides specific action steps community and faith-based organizations can take to help keep communities healthy during flu season, including:
- Communicating important information about flu
- Supporting vaccination efforts
- Linking vulnerable and hard-to-reach populations to vital information and resources
- Expanding and adjusting organizational activities to help people stay healthy
Get email updates
To receive weekly email updates about this site, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO