Global Health Security: Response
CDC aims to RESPOND rapidly and effectively to biological threats of international concern.
This is achieved through the following objectives:
- Developing an interconnected global network of Emergency Operations Centers and multi-sectorial response to biological incidents
- Promote establishment of Emergency Operations Centers.
- Create/strengthen trained, functioning, multi-sectorial rapid response teams with access to a real-time information system and capacity to attribute the source of an outbreak.
- Improving global access to medical and non-medical countermeasures during health emergencies
- Strengthen capacity to produce or procure personal protective equipment, medications, vaccines, and technical expertise.
- Enhance capacity to plan for and deploy non-medical countermeasures.
- Strengthen policies and operational frameworks to share public and animal health and medical personnel and countermeasures with partners.
Examples of CDC Response Efforts
- Page last reviewed: December 23, 2014
- Page last updated: December 23, 2014
- Content source:
Notice: Linking to a non-federal site does not constitute an endorsement by HHS, CDC or any of its employees of the sponsors or the information and products presented on the site.