Variant Influenza: Information for Health Professionals and Laboratorians
Testing and Reporting
- Variant Influenza: Information for Health Professionals and Laboratorians | CDC
- Interim Guidance for Enhanced Influenza Surveillance: Additional Specimen Collection for Detection of Influenza A (H3N2) Variant Virus Infections
- Interim Guidance on Specimen Collection, Processing, and Testing for Patients with Suspect Influenza A (H3N2)v Virus Infection
- CDC Expert Commentary on Medscape–CDC’s James Kile, DVM, MPH details guidance for swine influenza virus infection in humans in this Medscape Expert Commentary.
- MMWR, October 26, 2018: Influenza A(H3N2) Variant Virus Outbreak at Three Fairs — Maryland, 2017
- MMWR, September 27, 2012: Influenza A (H3N2) Variant Virus-Related Hospitalizations – Ohio, 2012.
- MMWR, August 17, 2012: Evaluation of Rapid Influenza Diagnostic Tests for Influenza A (H3N2)v Virus and Updated Case Count — United States, 2012.
- Balish A, Garten R, Klimov A, Villanueva J. Analytical detection of influenza A(H3N2)v and other A variant viruses from the USA by rapid influenza diagnostic tests. Influenza Other Respi Viruses. 2012 Sep 18. doi: 10.1111/irv.12017. [Epub ahead of print]