Information for Fair Organizers and People Exhibiting Pigs
Swine Influenza (swine flu) is a respiratory disease of pigs caused by type A influenza viruses that regularly cause outbreaks of influenza in pigs. Swine flu viruses do not normally infect humans. However, sporadic human infections with swine flu have occurred. The links below offer information about preventing the spread of flu between pigs and people.
- Issues for Fair Organizers to Consider When Planning Fairs
- Key Facts for People Exhibiting Pigs at Fairs
- What People Who Raise Pigs Need To Know About Influenza (Flu)
- What People Who Raise Pigs Need To Know About Influenza (Flu) pdf icon[635 KB, 4 pages]
- Compendium of Measures to Prevent Disease Associated with Animals in Public Settings, 2013external icon National Association of State Public Health Veterinarians
- Video Podcast: CDC Recommendations to Reduce the Risk of H3N2v Flu Virus Infection for Fairgoers and Swine Exhibitors [5 MB, 5 min 51 sec]