NIVW Flu Blog-a-thon
During National Influenza Vaccination Week (NIVW) 2016, CDC invited partners to write blog post on the importance of flu vaccination as part of a flu blog-a-thon. Over 25 partners participated in the blog-a-thon, generating over 30 blog posts ranging in topics from the importance of flu vaccines for caregivers to tips on protecting your family from flu during the holidays. The collaborative effort of so many partners promoting flu vaccination to a variety of audiences helped increase awareness about flu and remind people that it is not too late to get a flu vaccine this season!
Check out participating blogs below:
- Public Health Matters: My Daughter Died From a Vaccine Preventable Disease
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases: NIVW Flu Blog Postsexternal icon
- Voices for Vaccines: Remembering Ashley-An Influenza Storyexternal icon
- American Geriatrics Society: A Flu Shot is The Best Shot at Prevention for People 65 and Olderexternal icon
- VeryWell.com: Why Do Caregivers Need Flu Vaccinesexternal icon
- Seattle Mama Doctor (Dr. Wendy Sue Swanson): Vaccination Nation-How Healthy Is Your School?external icon
- What to Expect: The One Thing That May Be Missing From Your Pregnancy Checklistexternal icon
- Shot of Prevention (Families Fighting Flu Story): A Mother’s Plea: Don’t Let Flu Steal Your Healthy Childexternal icon
- APHA: Spending Time with Friends and Family This Season? Get Your Flu Vaccination Now!external icon
- Nurses Who Vaccinate: Silly Rabbit, Flu Shots Aren’t Just for Kids!external icon
- ASPR: Get Your Flu Shot for Yourself, Your Family, and Your Community external icon
- March of Dimes: Looking for a reason to get a flu shot? Here are 10 good ones.external icon
- American Cancer Society: A Healthful Way to Give to Cancer Patientsexternal icon
- Huffington Post: A Few Word About Fluexternal icon
- Long-Term Living Magazine: CDC kicks off seasonal flu campaignexternal icon
- McKnight’s Senior Living: Your Flu To-Do Listexternal icon
- Diabetes Hands Foundation: Do You Get the Flu Shot?external icon
- Lupus: The Flu and You: Three reasons not to skip your flu shotexternal icon
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society: National Influenza Vaccination Weekexternal icon
- Virginia Department of Health: National Influenza Vaccination Weekexternal icon
- Utah Multicultural Health: NIVW is December 4-10external icon
- Live Healthy South Carolina: National Influenza Vaccination Weekexternal icon
- Reassure Analytics: The Flu Shot-Protect your family this Holiday Seasonexternal icon
- Sanofi Pasteur: Flu Vaccination: It might not be what you want, but it can sure be what you needexternal icon
- Research America: CDC-Get Your Flu Vaccine external icon
- Med Express: Common Flu Myths to Forgetexternal icon
- Massachusettes Department of Public Health Blog: It’s Not Too Late to Get a Flu Vaccine! external icon
Submit the following information to email@example.com to have your success story featured here!
- Write a 250 word (maximum) description of your success story including name of organization, any collaborating organizations, when the event took place (either last flu season or this flu season only), and any evaluation taken from the activity.
- Include a minimum of (1-2) pictures of the event. Acceptable file formats include JPG, GIF, and PNG. Preferred size at least 500 by 300 pixels (or larger).
- Include contact information in case CDC follow up is needed. Please let us know if we can share your contact information within your success story in case other organizations would like to partner with you for future events.