The Benefits of Flu Vaccination 2016-2017 Infographic
- Printer file (8.5″ x 11″) [613 KB, 1 page, Print Only]
- Read text equivalent
- Learn more about the benefits of flu vaccination
- CDC: Flu Vaccine Protected Millions Last Season; Vaccine Coverage Remains Low
The Benefits of Flu Vaccination 2016-2017 Infographic (Text Version)
The estimated number of flu illnesses prevented by flu vaccination during the 2016-2017 season: 5.3 million, about the population of the Atlanta metropolitan area.
[Illustration of the Atlanta skyline.]
The estimated number of flu medical visits prevented by vaccination during the 2016-2017 season: 2.6 million, or more than the number of students in all K-12 schools in Florida.
[Illustration of the word “Portland,” surrounded by a mountain, fish, bridge, and bicycles.]
The estimated number of flu hospitalizations prevented by vaccination during the 2016-2017 season: 85,000, or more than the number of hospital beds in California and Oregon combined. .
[Illustration of a hospital and hospital beds in the foreground.]
DATA: Influenza Division program impact report 2016-2017, https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/disease/2016-17.htm
- Page last reviewed: May 22, 2018
- Page last updated: May 22, 2018
- Content source:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD)
- Page maintained by: Office of the Associate Director for Communication, Digital Media Branch, Division of Public Affairs