Diabetes & Youth
Type 1 diabetes is most often diagnosed in children, teens, and young adults, and now more kids are developing type 2 diabetes. No matter the type of diabetes, good management is important in order to avoid or delay related health complications. And while type 1 diabetes can’t yet be prevented, type 2 diabetes can be, especially with family support.
- Prevent Type 2 Diabetes in Kids
- Type 1 Diabetes: the Basics
- Help Your Child Manage Diabetes at School
- National Diabetes Statistics Report
- Tips for Parents—Helping Kids Maintain a Healthy Weight
- How Much Physical Activity Do Kids Need?
- How to Avoid Portion Size Pitfalls Cdc-pdf[PDF – 779 KB]
- Support Healthy Eating in Schools
- Hack Your Snack!
Season 2 Videos
Make a family-style plan for healthy eating and activity, starting with these tips.
Fight type 2 diabetes in the kitchen with these delicious and affordable meal ideas.
After a diabetes diagnosis there’s a lot to learn, but it gets easier—and the effort is worth it!
New cases of type 2 diabetes in young people are increasing. The time for action is now.
Season 1 Videos
Did you know diabetes can run in families? So can healthy lifestyle habits.
Soaring obesity and type 2 diabetes rates in kids. Joan calls on parents to help turn the tide.